Saturday, January 17, 2009

Too much to see!

Woke up this morning and the wind was beginnign to get up although the sky was a beautiful blue with a bright sun shining. Did the usual Saturday morning chores such as ironing, taking on water etc. and then ventured forth for a pump out - interesting in the wind but I managed without hitting anything. My father then arrived and we went to check out the railway shed to make sure that the roof was up to the job of 'project 2009'! It seems to be well fibre glassed on the top and we think that a good all weather sealant round the edge should make sure but it was good news.
We then set off to the NAC at Stoneleigh where the Leamington and Warwick model railway society were hosting their annual exhibition. Wow! Over 50 layouts and trade stands meant so much too see with modelling skill that would silence the hardest of cinics and convert the most anti of critics. Scenes such as this amazing canal diorama....
Chatting to people and stands meant I have learnt such a lot - new skills and ways to do things that weren't heard of 15 years ago when I was modelling! I have made more decisions though! Peco track and pre-built resin buildings, (as opposed to the card kits that I used to build,) and more of a 'mix n match' scene than a specific location. I will still base it on LMS but may well run GWR and early BR stock alongside. There is so much that I have seen that I like and want to incorporate into my layout that it would be virtually impossible to focus wholly on one little place - sorry purists but this layout will be 'my world'!
One member of staff wanted to change my 'Deputy Head' sign on my office door to 'The Fat Controller' on Friday and on handing the office staff a spare padded envelope I was asked, "are you sure you don't want to keep it - to put your anorak in?" Why do I stand for it!
I'll leave you with some more amazing scenes from various layouts today.



6 Comments:

At 3:43 pm, Blogger Erin said...

Hiya

Have you had a look at Gypsy Rover, they have the train bug too.

Anj

 
At 6:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool piccies - any room for my vintage O gauge in your shed??
lol
Actually my railway is as old as K2's donkey!!

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Plenty of room but it may end up being sold by me!

 
At 7:52 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Anj. Yes, we been in communication already thanks! I didn't know he'd posted a load of pics from the same exhibition though - in fact, I didn't know they were even there!

 
At 3:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! fantastic looking model railways, especially the canal boat. good luck with the project.
mick Brighton

 
At 6:48 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Mick and thanks. Keep following the project here!
Regards,
Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home