Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ramblings!

In the best tradition of blogging and to further aid the reproduction of blogging news, I have stolen 2 ideas from other blogs this evening!
Firstly, from Granny Buttons comes the encouragement to sign up with a new UK waterways blog ranking system! For some time now I have subscribed to the US ranking system that so many waterway sites proudly boast but removed the link as I found the constant attitude of 'look at me, I'm now ranked 356 instead of 355' very irritating, (actually I was probably jealous because I never got higher than 356!) Well I have reinstated this one and installed the UK one for interest.
The second 'theft' of ideas was prompted by Nev on his blog. He displayed some lovely pictures in light of the collapse of Wedgwood and it reminded me of some pictures taken in the summer of 2005 on our way to the Llangollen. We set off early as I recall, to get through Stoke before the hoodlams awoke!
and passed by the Wedgwood plant as the sun was rising through the early morning mist.


The first week back at school is taking its toll and I am very much ready for the weekend! I hope to be able to travel across for a pump-out this weekend and have the same job to do for another boat whose owners were unable to do it themselves due to the ice and who have now left for sunnier climes. I also hope to visit a couple of railway model shops to establish who should get any of my future custom. A shop named 'Joto' in Rugby, (although this doean't seem a very comprehensive shop - I'm always dubious of any business that doesn't have a website in this comptetitive day and age,) and Castle trains in Warwick which looks good! I also have a lot of 'book' work to do as the series editor is 'champing at the bit' for the next draft!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home