Sunday, December 14, 2008

Feeling festive!

OK, I'm now just beginning to feel 'Christmassy'! Spent much of today writing Christmas cards and wrapping presents. As my online friends list is growing rapidly, I took out a membership subscription to Blue Mountain which has enabled me to send electronic cards to the many friends I have who I won't see and don't have an address as they live on their boats but to whom I still wish to acknowledge at Christmas.
Against my better decision, I pulled out the Christmas lights from the 'attic', (Under my bed in the back cabin!) One set was duely binned but 2 sets of LED lights work and so I have festooned Khayamanzi for the season.

Several people have also decorated their boats for the season and decoration include cut out wooden santa on his sleigh lit up with Christmas lights as well as net lights and twinkling strings - all very pretty, especially as it's so dark out here!
This time next week, I should be down south for Christmas.
Since installing my sofa last half term, the cushions have constantly kept sliding off. John came in today for dinner and noticed immediately that the sofa was tilting forward. A few blocks of kindling wood under the front legs and the problem seems solved with the sofa feeling so much more comfortable!
Ah, well - into the last hectic week of school before we break up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home