Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cold and ludicrous panic!

Don't you just love this country! The TV says we might get a little snow and temperatures are going to be 'Arctic' and we all go mad! In the end, the usual story is the reality - temperatures dip a little to around the freezing mark, the snow ends up nothing more than lashing rain and we all sit back and pat ourselves on the back for being well prepared for and surviving the forecasted ice age!!

It's all so embarrassing - they must laugh at us in places where the norm is this....
That said, it did feel pretty nippy being out in the wind and rain all day yesterday and again all day today planting another 2000 daffodil bulbs round the marina! I had a bit of help for around an hour yesterday which was good but it always amazes me how the absolute guaranteed way to have some breathing and thinking space and be alone is to find a job to do that involves hard work!
For the last 2 days I have felt achey, stiff and stretchy. My Head phoned this afternoon to say he was very ill with flue and shivery, achey and burning up - oh boy, I really hope my problems are down to the cold wind and hard work and I'm not getting what he's got! I have to be in school for the next 3 days come what may as we go live with our show. The first performance was held on Friday and the kids blew us away. The comments were amazing and they absolutely gave 150%. I had tears in my eyes and my sides aching from laughing and I've seen every rehearsal since the first 'read through'! Another performance tomorrow afternoon and then 2 evening shows to get through before it's all finished. Oh, and in between planting the bulbs I brought the school CD/DVD duplicator home with me and managed to copy 200 DVD's and put them in the sleeves with the 200 CD's ready to sell at the performances to attempt to regain some of the huge expense of staging this epic!
Right now, the fire is glowing well, the lamp is flickering, the wind and rain is howling and lashing outside, the dog is alseep at my feet in front of the fire, I have a good bottle of Chardonnay opened and the delicious smell of an almost cooked chicken and roast parsnips is wafting through from the oven - ahhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home