Monday, November 17, 2008

What's on your nuts?

Well these frequent my fathers bird feeders several times daily! I took these pictures Sunday morning through the patio doors. They are a pest! They invade my fathers garden like mad, fly over in flocks squarking and are so tame.
I have to say they're quite pretty though!
Travelled back this afternoon and now back home ready for another week of parents evenings and show rehearsals.
A really good weekend. It was nice to simply get away and although part of it was sad whilst revoking memories of my mother before she died, I feel refreshed and ready for work again!

6 Comments:

At 10:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have those too in the spring they strip the trees in my garden !

 
At 8:07 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I guess they'll work their way further north as climate change has its way!
They're a pest but apparently also a protected species - no idea why!?

 
At 3:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard various stories about how they came to be living in the wild. One being the original birds escaped from Elstree studios during the filming of African Queen , so I suppose there is a boating connection there somewhere !!

 
At 7:22 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Yes, I've heard that too - sounds possible I guess.

 
At 2:01 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

When we did the Thames trip this year, we saw loads of these beautiful birds. Those are lovely photos Andy.

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Jo and Keith,
Yes I agree they are lovely but apparently an absolute pest to native birds, budding trees and bird feeders!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home