Saturday, November 29, 2008

Still alive!

OK so I'm still alive! My mind it is now confirmed that the carbon monoxide issue I reported on yesterday was simply someone else's fumes being blown through my mushroom vents. Today, with the fire running all the time, the carbon monoxide alarm has read zero the whole day. At least my mind has been put at rest. Thank you to everyone who emailed a message and were concerned.

Today was a typical dark, damp and misty autumn day. Temperatures hardly rose above 3°all day and we've only had about 1 to 2 hours of fog free! This evening, the temperature is again dropping and the mist and fog has returned.

This morning I started my Christmas shopping! I have bought a few presents which included Simba's and I feel good for it! I also bought a small handheld rechargeable vacuum cleaner to help keep some of the dust down generated by my stove. I am fed up with all the ash spilling out onto the floor and hopefully this will solve the problem. I have also managed to cut up all the logs that were on my roof. I have converted a whole load of big logs into an entire trailer of split logs ready to be burnt, in fact the first ones are on the fire as I type.

The mother of a neighbour of mine who has been in the marina for as long as me turned up this afternoon with a beautiful Vic toria sponge cake for me. It really is delicious and was so kind and I'm enjoying it at the moment whilst typing this blog.

2 Comments:

At 5:32 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Andy that is great news about the carbon monoxide. It is always a worry, but at least you know now and can relax and enjoy some more of that Victoria Sandwich. Remind me next time we meet up to bake you another one. I love baking cakes.
Have a great week at school, it must be a busy time for you, what with Christmas coming up.

 
At 6:39 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there and thanks. I might just keep you to that cake!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home