Saturday, December 06, 2008

2 weeks to go....

Christmas seems to be everywhere and people all around are 'gearing up' for it despite a gloomy economy! I have 2 weeks to go before term ends and I can start thinking seriously about Christmas. This week, I have 2 evening performances of our Christmas whole school production and the discos to run on Friday. The following week are more performances and attempting to keep the kids under some sort of control - or as much as 35 excited 11 year olds can be at this time of year!

Today was 'pump out' day as well as getting another 3 bags of coal as the temperature is set to drop once more.

My water pump stopped working during the week. The pressure has been dropping for some time but this past week it finally gave up the ghost and no water cam out at all! Quite a problem as it meant I had no toilet, shower, taps or anything! A hasty phone call to John and the following day it was sorted and better than it ever has been! He's a star. Not only did he identify that the pressure switch had given up and replaced it for me but he also installed an accumulator tank for me. My shower is now a power shower and I have consistent high pressure water consistently - I'm so chuffed!

A beautiful day today with clear blue skies and warm sunshine as I finished planting the last of the daffodils, moved a few trees, (only young ones!) and sorted the boat. Now we're paying for it as the water has had to be turned off over night due to the forecast of temperatures dropping to between -3 and -6 degrees!

Last week saw me go down with quite a nasty lurgy for a while! I have felt shivery and achy and clearly had a touch of something horrid. I'm recovering now but it has still left me feeling a bit tired. I have to say that for the last year or so, I have been taking vitamin C supplements on the recommendation of my father and they certainly help me to shake things off quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home