Monday, December 29, 2008

Sales.... where?

OK so I decided this morning to sample the sales and hunt for some bargains. First stop, M&S for a shirt; none unless you like shirts that more clesely resemble pyjama tops. Nothing else worth buying was anywhere near the 'sale' racks so I hunted for a good quality speaker system that I can integrate my TV and laptop into in order to save having separate speakers for different jobs all round the boat. Having given up in the sales, I resorted to simply looking for the one I liked. Found it.... at the exact same time as a tall thin gentleman wearing knee high brown boots, a trench-coat and a cravate who was sporting several facial piercings and brandishing a wooden cane with a skull on the top also set eyes on it! "ahhh, that is it!" he declared to the entire store as I was examining the box, "cushtie - that's the one...." and he continued to tell me all about its virtues and the sound quality of said item in his friends flat, at a volume seemingly to demonstrate the 140 watts of power that the box proudly declared. In a desparate bid to reclaim my thoughts and solitude, I excused myself on the pretence of asking the sales assistant a question. No sooner had I turned my back, he picked it up and strode off with it towards the till queue. My father followed him convinced that he would abandon the item somewhere along his route. His eccentricity notwithstanding, blow me - he bought the jolly thing!! It was back to the hunt whilst musing on the fact that he looked just the sort to have come from a boat off the Thames!
Eventually I decided upon this little beauty!
A nice 'basey' sub woofer, 2 little speakers that are wall mountable and discreet, long enough cable for the desired connections, a little remote volume and base adjusting gizmo, 2 inputs, (one for TV and one for laptop,) enough power to fill my boat and bonus; no irritating little eccentrics in sight!
Now what prompted me to this purchase was my desire to 'organise' all my music on the laptop. Please can someone explain what the heck 'itunes' is all about? I had all my music organised in nice little folders - each CD had their own folder and name and multiple CD's from the same album were categorised in order. After an afternoon of exploring itunes, I now have Paul Potts in with Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, every other track in my TRex collection is Berceus, half of Libera are missing, (!) and Bruce Springsten stubbornly refuses to be added to my 'Library'.
Come to my boat, any music being played will be an interesting 'pick n mix' of just about anything now.
Tomorrow, I have my mystery Christmas present from Fleur. I would tell you about it tonight, but it's a mystery so I don't know. More on that later in the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home