Monday, February 02, 2009

Snow!

So, I woke up this morning with my mobile phone going mad. 'Oh good' I thought, lots of snow as forecast and all the staff are checking if school is open. No such luck! Actually it was everyone from all 4 corners of the nation gloating in the huge amounts of snow they all have which closed all their schools whilst I made my way through almost nothing towards school! No snow all day....
....and then we got a bit! Only a few inches but enough for some fun/ It started at around 3.00pm and was all over by about 5.00pm. I got home and just about managed to get these pictures before dark.
The lane on the way to the marina....
The Oxford Canal.....

....and my lights on the front of Khayamanzi....

Now we need a lot more overnight to close school for tomorrow and I doubt if this is likely! Watch this space....

2 Comments:

At 11:58 am, Blogger BigJohn said...

Hi Andy

We're down at Newbold on Avon, so hard luck - you must be at school again today. A hard life isn't it? And all that layout waiting to be started too. But as you're a teacher you'd have found plenty to do "at home" anyway :-)

 
At 5:59 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Unbelievable! Every jolly school around us was closed today - except us!!

Sorry I missed you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home