Saturday, January 31, 2009

I have the power!

No, sadly not a reflection of my ongoing battle with Warwickshire County Council to prevent funds being cut!
I have power to the railway shed! In between marina jobs and chasing escaping sheep back into their field, I have managed to run a pipe across the road in a trench and wire up the plugs to get electricity into the shed. The shed has a 32amp large connector on the outside and I have made a short section of cable to step it down to a sensible 16amp plug. The cable running through the pipe under the road conects to that.
The only thing left to tell of my task is a slight ruffle on the stones across the road where I dug, chisel and hacked my trench!
It was like chiselling through solid rock and took me the best part of several hours to get it done! The plugs work, the lights work and the heater did work for a few minutes before deciding it didn't like life! Tomorrow, I now need to go to Homebase and find a new wall mounted heater which is cheaper to run than my big fan heater.
I've also painted the ceiling with white emulsion so it looks smart and also enables me to check if there are any leaks still outstanding.
Note the light on just to prove it to all those friends of mine who don't believe I can tackle anything even remotely DIY orientated!
The final task was to wash and scrub the floor in an attempt to remove years of builders mud that had accumulated - doesn't it look smart!
Once a new heater is installed tomorrow, it should be ready for the base board to built at half term!
Now - the weather. The BBC site has downgraded the heavy snow to light snow but the TV forecast still forecasts 'a significant snow event' whatever one of them is? Why does everything have to be wrapped in jargon designed to impress now-adays??
Oh well, I'm off to have a homosapien cleansing event before partaking of a nutrition intake event.
Good bye!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home