Thursday, February 05, 2009

Snow, snow, snow!

Ok that's more like it!
Woke up this morning at 6.00 to several inches of the white stuff. A phonecall confirmed that every school in Warwickshire was shut and so I set about planning the day. This is what the entarnce to school looked like this morning.


First off - head into school to collect some stuff and help shut it down. 3 cars pulled from ditches and a Cemex tanker rescue later and I was in school! Not long before returning to get fuel and do my weekly shopping before returning back home to unpack.




I just had to take Simba for a long walk along the towpath before anything else happened!



I then decided it was a good use of time to go down to Homebase and get the wood required for my railway. £97 later and all wood is safely stored int he shed along with a kettle and a new extension lead wired intot he socket where the old heater was and the heater has been removed to be disposed of.


The final part to the day was the hatching of a cunning plan! One of my year group colleagues and his mates joined me at school and we used the pristine snow on the playground to make the mother of all snowmen! It was for the children of course - a surprise for when they return to school. Much merriment was had and the use of many items of PE apparatus was needed to join the various sections on top of each other - rolling the middle section up a PE bench!




Now That is what I call a snowman - come on, admit it; you're impressed!

4 Comments:

At 6:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok ok I'm impressed!! not a bad looking snowman. At least we now know what teachers get up to when there are no kids!!

 
At 6:44 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Someone said to us, 'I see the kids have gone into school today!' Point taken!!

 
At 1:47 pm, Blogger D Baynham said...

I am very impressed he certainly is a mighty Snowman..I hope the kids don't trash it as soon as they see it.

N.B http://therobberbutton.blogspot.com

 
At 5:57 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Unfortunately he was vandalised before the kids even got in to see him as I shall report this evening!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home