Thursday, February 26, 2009

Station!

The first building is now complete! Many thanks to my father for his expertise in this area! I'm afraid I don't have the patience for these card kit buildings but he seems to enjoy them and there is little doubt that they look extremely good. He has now completed my island station with excellent results.
The weekend will see me looking for the next for him to work on, perhaps the school, church, farm or pub! I also need to get some fencing and sheep so that I can continue with some of the scenery bits.

During the week, I simply couldn't resist this little beauty!
It's a limited edition Royal Warwrickshire Regiment LMS locomotive made exclusively for Castle Trains and, as I understand it, I have the first digital command control version! Running it did suggest that I may have to raise one section of flat track at some point in order to lower the gradient so that it will runa little easier over the hills - it seems to be a bit heavier than my Sheffield express. Of course, it could be that the track is in need of a clean and so I also ordered one of these today.
It's a very clever track cleaner from Dapol. I ordered mine from Hattons and am looking forward to it arriving. It uses abrasive pads at the front to clean the track, a vacuum in the middle to suck up dust and debris and then pollishing pads at the rear!

Tomorrow evening I have the discos at school - oh joy! During the day we are having a 'Living Willow' sculpture planted in school, (look for the Green Room on their website,) and today saw another first for us as we launched our new podcasting service to communicate to parents! Modern schools are quite a shock to many people who have cause to visit compared with the 'good 'ol days'!
Sunday afternoon, I need to go and fetch a truck full of bags of bark chippings being donated to us to put down under the living willow sculpture - certainly promises to be an extrememly busy weekend!




4 Comments:

At 8:21 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Andy,

Don't forget to give your Dad some card books, animals and of course a Card Pint!

The layout is looking great.

Cheers
Don

 
At 1:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,
We met at the bottom of, I think, the Foxton Locks, a couple of summers ago, and waited a while to be allowed through. Your father was with you, fitting the cowell to a chimney, and you borrowed a couples of my sons to help you through the locks!
Excellent site, and very impressed with your train set - Are you planning on painting on a canal at some stage?
I trust You and Simba are well.
Best wishes.
Jeremy.
nb Solong

 
At 10:58 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

HI Don - great ideas! Thanks.

 
At 11:00 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Jeremy and I remember you well. It's great to hear from you and I hope you are all well. Yes, a canal and lock is certainly in the plans!

Hope to see you again out on the cut some time.
Regards,
Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home