Friday, July 04, 2008

Licence and boosters.

Prompted perhaps by the very late arrival of my brothers tax disc, (see here,) my discs arrived today. I phoned them a couple of weeks ago and informed them of my change of insurer and followed on with a posted copy to them. During that conversation, I also requested that they send the disc early so that I had it before leaving for the summer. Today it arrived. My current discs don't expire until the end of July but I now proudly display trendy green '09 discs! Full respect and congratulations to BW for being super helpful and very organised on this one.

A stressful couple of days back at work this week culminating in a late evening tonight setting up the lighting for our school 'Night at the Musicals' extravaganza we are putting on next week at the local secondary school. Next week, I have an evening event after school every single night involving open evenings, performances and the Y6 leavers disco. The week after that is only slightly better but at least that will then be the last week before heading off towards the K&A for the summer. I'm still pining to be back in France; the weather, the people, the food, the wine, the clean-ness and even the kids in a warped kind of way!

The weather this weekend is forecast to be lousy. Norman has offered to lend me a big tarpaulin to cover my flowers if it does get bad in an attempt to protect them from being wrecked before the summer. Simba has his final booster shots first thing tomorrow morning - there goes another 40 quid! Next weekend he is booked in to the local grooming parlour to be spruced up for the summer but in the meantime, weather permitting, this weekend I have to check the boat batteries, clean/wash the carpets, deep clean the boat and go into school to do a pile of marking that I stupidly left behind!

A phone call this morning informed me that my private number plate has been posted off together with all the paperwork and should arrive in school on Monday so there's another job added to the list to switch that over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home