Sunday, July 06, 2008

BBQ!

Not today - that's for certain. More like April than July. Yet again, my roof boxes have been snapped and flattened by the wind, yet again they have been beaten down by hammering rain. I did manage to stock up on crickets today for the lizards during the summer.I also managed to check and top up the batteries on board Khayamanzi, tidy the front cratch and put the anchor in position on the roof for the Thames. I also ordered one of these:

For some time, I've wanted to get a decent BBQ for the boat but not sure which one to go for. Gas is definately out - I'm a purist in that department and see little difference between cooking on my grill with the side hatch open and cooking on the bank with a gas grill!? For me, a BBQ is an event. Something to be made special and the 'man make fire' feeling inside should be part of it. I just don't get that feeling turning a dial and pressing an electronic ignition. This grill has had some great reviews, (not least in the latest Canal and Riverboat magazine,) and looks pretty clever using a chimney effect to draw air up and through making the whole thing ready for cooking on about 10 mins. It also comes with a fire retardent bag which you simply zip it into when finished and the lack of air extinguishes it whilst keepingirt cool enough to put away. this also carbonises any dirt on the grill which simply brushes away before use next time so making it, in effect, self cleaning - pretty nifty. Watch this space to see how good IWA are at delivering and if it really lives up tot he hype when in use at some point hopefully during the summer months!

2 Comments:

At 5:11 pm, Blogger Nb Yarwood said...

Andy,
John and Cathy of Marmaduke bought one a couple weeks ago following the Canal Boat test. Not sure if they have had the opportunity to use it yet though.
Nb Caxton.

 
At 6:00 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Well, if it doesn't work - I don't want to know!! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home