Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weekend trip





















Just returned again from another good weekend away. Left yesterday morning and got up to Battlefield for a lovely evening.So dark, last night with plenty of owls hooting to listen to as I drifted off to sleep. The wind was not kind to me on th ereturn journey this week and a howling gale as I entered the marina meant a hard fight to prevent myself being blown against the bank or worse - broadside on other boats.
I have posted a couple of pictures of an Ashby boat 'moored' up at Battlefield. He was hogging several good spaces with mooring ropes stretching offseveral metres long in an attempt to reach a ring which meant the bow was slewing out across the cut every time anyone went past. The stern mooring was even more funny as that picture shows! I watched the hirer return with his family and, after much banging and crashing, running and shouting, they eventually cast off and continued their cruise, less than a few yards in front of a passing boat which caused them to slam hard astern to avoid a collision - why oh why!?

Anyway, last weekend away before my trip down the Grand Union in just over a weeks time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home