Sunday, October 08, 2006

That time of year again.


Well, it's that time of year again! The stove has been lit most evenings and although I haven't yet left it burring 24/7, it has been a most welcome and cosy focus in the evenings. I can't imagine those boats who don't have a solid fuel stove - what's a little mess for the warmth and cosiness it gives off?

Just returned from a weekend up at Battlefield again. I was very unsure on Saturday wether to go or not but I'm most glad I did now. The trip up was lovely with the warmth of the sunshine on my back and only the sound of the birds over the hum of the engine. Last night was lovely with a full moon casting eery shadows through the trees that lined both sides of my mooring. In fact, I didn't even need a torch for the late night dog walk at 11.00pm. The return journey started off warm and calm but gradually got colder and more windy as I approached the marina making me dread the awkward turns into my pontoon, however, the weather was kind and as I turned into the entrance and began the reverse back up to my pontoon, the wind died down allowing me to dock relatively easily. I now sit typing this, with the wind, once again, rocking me from side to side!

Only 2 weeks to half term. I have promised my brother some time at the early stages of the week to help him move house so my travels won't begin until Monday or Tuesday but I then plan to go down the Grand Union as far as I can before returning. I don't plan on going down far but would like to break some new territory and 'believe it or not' have never really explored much of the Grand Union, the Oxford being my preferred option South usually.

Ah well - who knows, may be I'll get a few more weekend trips in before the weather properly prohibits me getting in or out!

3 Comments:

At 7:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Is that an eco fan I see on your stove?? If so what do you think of them for their heat also value for money wise??
Maureen Davies

 
At 7:50 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there, yes it is an eco-fan and in my opinion they're excellent although very pricy. They do push the air to the back of the boat quite well.

 
At 7:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Thanks for the info
Maureen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home