Sunday, September 17, 2006

Busy weekend!

Wow, what a busy weekend - who said boating was stress free? Spent much of Saturday trying to sort out my dodgy electric problem and found a spade connector that ran via a fuse holder to the positive terminal on the battery had corroded in the acid. Replaced that and promptly blew the fuse! Replaced that and nothing worked, then I realised I had muddled the positive and negative earth cables. Switched that round and it seems to be working again although I will reserve judgement until I get the system properly checked over on Monday evening.

I then decided I had had enough of the flowers on my roof making a mess of the boat and looking very straggely so I spent another few hours gardening and ripped them all out. I then pressure washed the boat off, (after changing the fuse several times as I couldn't get the washer working before realising that the extension lead wasn't plugged in!) The boat now looks very smart and tidy- oh! and I pumped out the loo yesterday as well, although I made an absolute hash of manouevering the boat due to the fact that I haven't been out in it for weeks and have totally lost the nack! Today was a scorcher and I seriously wished I had gone out. Instead, I polished and cleaned the inside of the boat, slung my camera over my shoulders and took Simba for a long walk up the towpath, over the fields and back home again. (Lots of lovely things to photograph such as the beautiful butterfly above.)

Ah well, another busy week but hopefully I am set to go out next weekend now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home