Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weather, fisherman and hols!

Just returned from a lovely weekend up at Battlefield. Had our school leavers disco on Friday so wasn't able to go out Friday evening and wasn't planning on going out at all as I have a lot of jobs to do before leaving on Friday. The weather got the better of me though and I left as soon as possible on Saturday morning for a very enjoyable and lazy weekend with clear blue skies, a gentle breeze and hot, hot sun! The forecast is even hotter this week with temperatures reaching the mid 30's by Wednesday- possible record breaking, the countryfile forecast said this morning! 5 more days until I leave for the summer so I have switched moderation of the guestbook back on. I have managed to solve a water leak from the back tiller bearing by lifting off the bearing completely, packing it liberally in grease and then re-tightening down the bearing. Installed a 12 volt cigarette socket to the instrumentation panel today so that I can run my GPS whilst out.I now want to find some good pocket PC software that will run the GPS as mapping software now - anyone any ideas? Why doesn't Nicholson or Pearsons do one?

On the way back home, I throttled right down to tickover as I passed a fisherman. the fisherman completely ignored me so as I had just pased him, I throttled back up a little. Hi head popped out of the bushes and I was profusely sworn at being accused of being 'completely selfish' and 'thinking of noone but myself'. Not badfrom a fisherman who was encamped and fishing spread out across the entire length of a ringed mooring area!! I pointed this fact out to him, along with the fact that I had throttled down for him and only throttled back up when he didn't have the courtesy to acknowledge me - we parted company with no love lost!

Ah well, 5 days left in which to do a large washing, hoover and shampoo the carpets, deep clean the boat, stock up with shopping, take on water - oh and teach and attend my heads leaving do.................!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home