Monday, June 12, 2006

Wrecked - completely wrecked!


What is going on?
A few days of lovely hot weather and now we are paying for it!

Countryfile yesterday told us that we are in store for another clear, dry and sunny week. Fortunately someone saw the weather forecast last night and said that they talked of thundery showers today. This meant that I took the precaution of closing the front cratch and shutting the windows again on board. Well did it rain!!?? The 'showers', although short, were so heavy they have completely wrecked my plants as the above picture shows. It has even ripped up whole plants which are now lying across my roof top. I have lost at least a quarter of my plants I estimate which is going to totally ruin the summer display this year. The blooms are torn and shredded, the leaves ripped totally, the soil washe donto the roof and the roots exposed and damaged. It will be a few weeks before I fully know how many plants need replacing but many will I'm sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home