Monday, May 08, 2006

Great weather for ducks - but not for breeding!



Today it has poured with rain all day! In fact, it's rained so much that when I got home, my home was floating!! First day of Sats at school and the kids have been inside all day because of the rain - not great! On the up side, they are saying the weather is set to improve towards the weekend which would be great as Steve & Julia from NB Even Balance are planning on a trip up and I feel another bar-b-q coming on - watch this space.....

I have published two pictures of the duck that took up residence the other day in my pansies on the roof. They have wrecked the flowers, made a cosy nest and laid 2 eggs, however disaster! Tonight when I got home, the eggs were gone and the duck is no-where to be seen. I haven'ta clue what has happened to either the duck or the eggs. Let's hope they're OK and maybe she'll return soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home