Monday, May 01, 2006

Bank holiday fun!



Just returned from a fun bank holiday away!! Got as far as Battlefield and stopped there for the weekend.The weather was lovely until the return journey home when the rain started and the wind got up, (as usual). Had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon meeting up with Derek and Sheila Mills, a couple who have got in touch with me through this site and who are 'researching' their move afloat, (see the cut contact page for their picture,)

On the return journey, I met up with Dave and Dave on NB Maxim who appeared to have blown a gasket! (that's on the boat, not them personally!) Ironically as they passed me that morning I made a passing comment on the nice sound of their engine and even offered to swap with my Isuzu, an offer they declined but later wished they had accepted! I offered a tow and we promptly got stuck fast on a sand bank! Several hours later, we turned into the marina and safely back home. The above pictures show some of the fun and credit must go to the budding photographer who is Phil on NB Harvey!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home