Saturday, March 18, 2006

Work and steam!


Well, just sat down at twenty past three to start marking and so decided to type this blog entry first, (any excuse!) With the wind gusting at around 20 MPH and a wind chill of around minus five, there is no chance of going out this weekend. According to the newsthis morning, this weekend lastyear was bathed in around 20 degree temperatures - that just makes it worse! So far I have spent the day shopping, doing house work and cuting wood with Chell off NB Chell's Dream. She agreed that if we could use my saw and I helped her we would split the logs - sounded a fair deal to me! I bought a cheap, small and portable steam cleaner today from Argos, (above,) - a fantastic tool with incredible power so have just spent an hour steaming everything that doesn't move on board; I have to say it does an amazing job!

In only 3 weeks, I'm planning on my single handed trip towards the Shroppie direction but I have to say the prospect is not now looking too appealing unless something drastic happens to change the weather before then!

Ah well! I can't put it off any longer, back to the marking!

3 Comments:

At 11:13 am, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Now that you have steamed your's how about doing mine LOL. ( Only Joking). It actually sounds like a great idea, never thought of using one. I have the prospect of curtain washing, when and if the stove is put out, but that will not be until the weather improves. because as you have said it is flippin cold. Thankfully with 23 degress in the boat we hardly notice it, until we put our heads out of the hatch, then your head gets cut off by the wind LOL.
We would much rather spend our time watching our new boat being built, it's quite cosy in the workshop when they have the big heater working.
I hope you enjoy your cruise and look forward to hearing all about it.

 
At 9:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cold? It's even unusually cold here in Northern California. Let's hope spring comes soon and that you'll be off for the Shroppie. Good luck on your cruise.

Mark

 
At 8:10 am, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks for the comments here people! It's nice to know it's not just us shivering away. Today is SUPPOSED to be the first day of Spring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home