Saturday, February 25, 2006

Weekend again!

Time flies. It's hard to believe I'm half way through another weekend already! Spent last night being rocked to sleep good and proper in between bangs and crashes as things flew off or into the boat thanks to a howling gale outside. Although the wind is the greatest enemy in moving the boat, it is the greatest friend when tucked up in front of a roaring fire listening to the water lapping hard against the hull and swaying gently up and down and back and forth - add to this the gentle creaking of the mooring lines and the scene is complete!

The wind did, however, prevent me from going out so I took the opportunity to take Simba for a very long walk down the towpath to clear my head, (in fact he hasn't moved from the chair in front of the fire since!) and did some jobs which included the housework and re-stocking the coal as the forecast is cold for the week ahead, as well as mending a lock on the door between the back cabin and the engine room and wiring a flourescent tube into the 12 volt system for the cratch - a job I am very pleasd with.

Over the last few weeks I have had the opportunity to do a lot of walking and thinking and things have arisen which have developed and consolidated some ambitions for the future. Ambitions are by definition ambitious and none less so are these but they do drive life forward and give individuals something to 'aim for' and I am an incredibly determined dog once I get a bone so watch this space....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home