Saturday, January 28, 2006

Weekend

Woke up this morning to find a glorious sun shining but.....
.......a howling wind! Spent a while helping a neighbour back in by pulling on his ropes and tying them off round my bollards etc and that was enough to convince me not to go out this weekend. Spent the morning de-frosting the fridge and steam cleaning it, steam cleaning the carpets, steam cleaned the window sills, steam cleaned the hob and cooker, hovered, dusted, polished, topped up the battery bank to keep me going a bit longer, cleaned the car.......

I'm sitting here typing this now while my dinner cooks witht he fire half open AND the central heating on - it's that cold outside tonight. I ordered some more rope packing for the fire box today as it has all but disintegrated - there's another job next week along with sweeping the chimney and working my way down the rest of the list!

Only 2 more weeks and half term - the Oxford canal beckons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home