Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Technology!


Having arrived back home after Christmas I decided to take the boat up to the Battlefield moorings for a day or two. After one night I decided to go back in to the marina as it was miserable outside, the bank was extremely muddy and I had a lot to do. Just as well I did! I have spent the whole day sorting out computer problems. My Handheld Ipaq kept crashing every time I tried to update the Journal bar softwar that provides me with the weather forecasts and news. After hours of uninstalling and reinstalling software, I discovered that the system time and date was wrong and I think that this has caused confusion. I have now adjusted this and it SEEMS to be OK at the moment!

The only outstanding problem now is my new printer. I bought an all-in-one HP photosmart 2575 printer during Christmas and the software has installed fine. It prints and photocopies but won't scan! The scanner works and communication seems to be fine from laptop to printer but not the other way. I have disabled all firewalls, adwatch programmes and anti-virus software - I have uninstalled and re-installed and I have spent an hour and a half on the phone to the HP technician. They are now going to look into it and ring me back tomorrow. Any ideas, please let me know!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home