Saturday, February 04, 2006

Getting ready for half term!

Although the sky is grey and overcast, there is little or no wind today. A tempting day to go out in the boat but I felt staying in a doing jobs was more worth while and as I'm off out in a weeks time for half term week - not going out this weekend will make next week all the more special! I have sanded down and re-varnished the front cratch and touched up some chips on the green coachwork. I have also washed the outside of the boat and completed the usual inside chores such as the fire, dusting, washing and hoovering. You tend to get very little done due to the stopping at frequent intervals to have a chat with various people - a great problem if you are in a hurry to complete a task but then who should be in a hurry on the waterways?

I did help Chell and Sally get out in their boat NB Chell's Dream. A tight squeeze as more and more longer boats move onto the pontoon behind. In fact we had less than a foot spare either end of her boat to maneuver it.

I notice that all the ducks are now paired up and the not only have the swans started getting aggressive again but they are spending a lot of time on the bank where they nest every year outside my window. I haven't actually seen them nesting yet - just standing there but I guess it won't be long now.

I was toying with the idea of polishing the boat, particularly the exposed starboard side where the elements have taken the shine clean off the coachwork, but to do so would entail a push over to the other side where I can reach the whole length of the boat, (as on her mooring, the back cabin overhangs the pontoon,) and then a turn around to do the other side - as it stands at the moment, I can't be bothered!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home