Sunday, April 02, 2006

Autumn's here!

Well now that we have had spring and summer last week we are well into autumn with winter forecast to arrive during the forth-coming week. Apparently temperatures are dueto srop to minus 2 degrees here in the midlands from the middle of the week with daytime temperatures struggling to reach 10! My weather predictions for the weekend were correct with my anenometer, (wind guage) reaching gusts of 20 MPH. I dared to venture out to do some gardening a few minutes ago, only to be sent scuttling back inside when the natural irrigation system was turned on to full power! I now sit here and type this as I watch all my valuable compost being washed through the slats on the pontoon and into the marina by the lashing rain. Hang on a minute, no, it's stopped and I am sitting typing this with the sun streaming through the windows having just had to take my jumper off. Nope! It's started again!!

I have a conifer in a pot on my front gas locker that has grown very well with the end result of it becoming extremely pot bound and starting to die. I've taken that out and re-planted it in another pot but I don't think it will pull through. I now have a rustic wooden pot on the front gas locker with a combination of spring minature daffs. and pansies in it alongside the addition of a smaller conifer and a heather which should give all year round interest when the spring bulbs have been killed off, (probably by the end of the next week!) At least it is more stable and shouldn't keep getting blown over like the last pot I had. This time next week, I should be all but through the Atherstone flight and if my previous experiences of Atherstone are anything to go by, I will be mooring about now to warm up and dry out in front of a welcome roaring fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home