Thursday, March 30, 2006

Signs of spring?



Well - eager to enthuse over the first signs of spring and the welcome anticipation of eventual warmer weather, I have posted two pictures. One of the minature daffs. that are now bursting from their buds and sticking their heads over the parapet of my roof boxes and the second picture showing 'Dave' and 'Davina', the two swans who are now well and truely into their nesting routine on the bank outside my side hatch. The field at the bottom of the marina has had its first mow today and it was nice to listen to the birds, (all-be-it competing with the distant A5,) looking at the bursting blossom buds on the hedges and trees and smell the sweet aroma of newly cut fresh grass. Simba is responding well to his collar and spray commander system but still requires the occasional long burst to tear him away from a particularly nice smell or flavour!

I am particularly worried about the weekend! The latest weather indicates a howling wind of 20+ MPH over the weekend and I HAVE to go and get a pumpout as the boat can't list over much more before ingesting water!! I also want to get it done and take on diesel this weekend as next weekend I'm off for 2 weeks and want to have an early start as I hope to get to the top of Atherstone on Saturday evening in order to have a good day locking through on Sunday. My father and a friend are popping in on Saturday on their way to Wales and I will probably enlist their help poling and pulling to get my pump out done! Watch this space where I will record the fun and games over the weeknd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home