Saturday, March 25, 2006

Is this spring?

Well Spring seems to have arrived at last! I am sitting here with the cratch rolled up, the side hatch wide open, the fire almost out and the outdoor thermometer reading temperatures of 15 degrees. A perfect day for going out on the boat you might say......
.....well, yes, it would be if the wind wasn't rocking me about and if the met. office website wasn't forecasting more and heavier wind tomorrow WITH the addition of a verocious band of rain coming in!

Another day grounded!!

I will simply have to make do with more housework and a long walk with Simba, who is currently lying down on the carpet under my chair not looking remotely like a dog wanting a walk! I found some nice sheets of plastic with blue tile effects on them being thrown out in the marina the other day and the tile effect is very good, not only that but the blue colour is exactly my bathroom colour and so I plan to use them to cover over a part of the woodwork where the shower used to leak and has now gone a dark brown colour as a lasting memory of a moment of temprary lack of maintenance on my part! It seems as if I'm not the only one putting these sheets to good use: a neighbour has used one strip of it to cable tie over a side of an old alluminium ladder thus making a superb and extremely lightweight gang plank - ah boaters! What a resourceful bunch, even if, at times, more than a little bit eccentric!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home