Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Is this spring?

Woke up this morning roasting hot on board! The central heating had come on for an hour and the fire had burred slowly for part of the night. Today was the first day I took Simba out for his walk in just my shirt sleeves, (that's me in shirt sleeves - not Simba!) Got home from work and had to throw open all the windows and doors to air the boat as it was hot and stuffy. The fire hasn't been lit this evening and I'm seriously considering not putting the heating on to take off the morning chill - maybe by the bank holiday weekend I'll even be able to change the chimney to the summer decorative one!?

I plan to go out this weekend in the boat weather permitting and so far the forecast is not too bad. The marina had a big key re-programming session today and so we had to submit all our keys to be re-coded. They even stayed open until 6.00 this evening for us all to be able to collect them again - great, unless you don't get home until after 6.00 and then you can't get in, can't get out and are basically stuck!! I have now borrowed a key from Jan on NB Halcyon Days for the night and she has kindly offerred to collect my keys for me tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home