Thursday, May 04, 2006

Weather and work!




What a glorious day weatherwise! As forecast, (yes I know, amazing they got it right!) the weather has been very hot today with the boat temperature reaching 25 degrees and outside hitting 23 degrees. School was shut as it was being used for polling and so I have spent the entire day writing reports. Actually I lie, I spent all the day writing reports except for a couple of hours this morning where I travelled what seemed like the length and breadth of Warwickshire and Leicestershire looking for 70 needles to be used for cross stitching next week in school. I have only just taken a few minutes out of report writing now to type this due to the fact that while I was chatting to another boater a few minutes ago, the battery on my laptop died and kindly lost all the work I had been doing up to the last save!Fortunately I am religious at saving but even so, the last 4 children have been lost and I will now have to do them again and continue on into the evening to crack the back of these infernal reports that appear this time every year!!

On a lighter note, our annual duck has taken up residence on Mick and Pam's boat, (NB Tiger M) two doors down and this week has started sitting on a healthy clutch of 11 eggs. Dutifully and as is the custom, the ducks have been given a bowl of bread and water for her. I shall, of course, keep you posted on the new arrivals but you can see Mrs. Duck in the photo above! I have also posted you a picture of the swans outside my side hatch as she is still sitting on her eggs. I shall also keep you updated with the latest on her family too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home