Sunday, June 11, 2006

Weekend news


Scorching temperatures forced me to leave the marina on Friday evening and head up to Dadlington for the night. On Saturday I pushed on up to Battlefield and moored there before returning on Sunday afternoon. Finally finished my reports on Saturday and celebrated by spending the afternoon servicing the batteries. Ended up putting in nearly 5 litres of distilled water into them! Managed to even get into the bow thruster battery which until now has been sealed - discovered that the positive clamp had snapped and was only hanging on loosely so replaced that.

The flowers on the roof are doing very well and beginning to hang over the tubs already. The marina complex had their annual rally meet this weekend and so the grass field, (that we are never to park or drive on,) was taken over by trailers and rally cars. As a result my car is now buried under an inch thick of gravel dust: I only took it through the car wash last week! The rally cars have just left leaving a real feast for Simba on the field and now some of the boaters are holding their annual bar-b-que on the bank with marquees up, lager cans everywhere and yet more chicken bones to get stuck in Simba's throat! At the end of the pontoon, those who don't wish to be sociable on the bank are holding their own party and so this evenings walk with Simba was a careful pick between their chairs and plates of food.

It's all very well havign a 'lovely community' in the marina but at times like this I wish I was out somewhere very remote and quiet on the cut - after all, that's the primary reason I love boating: to get away from it all when I feel I need to!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home