Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Continuing the freezer saga....

After inadvertently de-frosting the freezer on Friday, I was awoken at 3.30 in the morning last night/this morning with the sound of my radio playing in the engine room.Closer inspection revealed that the lights on the frontof the radio were flashing and the freezer wasn't working at all, (yet more water dripping out the front,) My heart sank and I investigated as much as I could with bleary eyes at that time in the morning before declaring defeat and resuming a somewhat interrupted sleep.

This evening after work, I had to rush home to walk Simba before returning for an evening meeting finally arriving back at the end of the day, kebab in hand, at 8.45pm. After much struggling I took out the freezer and plugged it into the 12volt socket behind the TV in the saloon - it worked!! I can now deduce that something is up with the wiring and so have dis-connected all electrics from that socket. I will spend the weekend trying to trace the wiring to find out what is wrong but I fear the recent storms may have caused a power surge and wiped out my 12volt electrics in the engine room, I fear I may have to pay for someone to investigate - watch this space.

Tomorrow evening I have a long after school senior management meeting, (the first with our new head,) and then a late evening parents association meeting so have grovelled to a neighbour to walk and feed Simba in the evening for me. I wish I was nearer to Rugby!!!!

Roll on the weekend.

P.S. Hopefully, I have a friend who can come and look at it on Monday evening if I can'tfind the fault at the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home