Saturday, July 11, 2009

One week to go!

So the final weekend before I leave is half way through. Having sufferred all week with severe stomach pains and even a fever and temperature mid week which resulted in my first day off work in 7 years I had come to the conclusion that I had pulled a muscle. Several tubs of 'Deep Heat', plenty of Ibuprofen but a chance conversation yesterday evening with my brother sorted it out once and for all! It wasn't a pulled muscle at all but a urinary infection of the upper urinary tract! Nothing more scientific than several litres of cranberry juice and this morning I am much better - WOW! I have been glugging cranberry juice all day like it's going out of fashion and for the first time in over a week - I feel fine!

This enabled me to crack on with all the necessary chores in readiness for my 'leaving'. Simba went to the grooming parlour this morning and now looks and smells lovely, (or at least he did before a massive and thoroughly enjoyable romp over the fields with Lyra,) I have managed to polish all the brass and both sides of the boat, washed the curtains, polished the windows, cleaned and tidied several cupboards and shelves and filled up with water.

Another busy week beckons. My final accordion lesson tomorrow night for the summer, the meeting planned for last Wednesday, (I was ill that day,) re-scheduled for this Wednesday, the final good-bye to our current children on Thursday, teacher training day on Friday and then off on Saturday.

I have now managed to partnership my new HTC phone to act as a modem whilst away cruising so that mobile blog posts may continue.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home