Wednesday, July 01, 2009

BW Reply - gee thanks!!

So today I received a reply from BW as follows.

Hello

I’ve had a look at your file and can see that the only other option for you would be to pay for your licence over the phone with your card details, that way we could get the licence out to you sooner. However I see that you pay over instalments so you may not wish to do this.

If this causes problems every year clashing with your holidays/boating the best thing to do is to buy a 3 or 6 month licence now which would change your renewal date. By doing that we could take a card payment over the phone at the Customer Service Centre for 3 months (£228.43) or 6 months (£391.61).

Please ring me at Customer Services on 0XXXXXXXXXX (my direct line) between 8am to 4pm if you wish to pay over the phone and I will do my best to get it processed as speedily as possible for you.

Kind regards

Jean Hicks
Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service CentreBritish Waterways

Now I could pay for a 3 months licence and then start again but that would mean paying a higher price for one year plus all the hassle of cancelling the existing DD and then setting one up again in 3 months time. Is it really so impossible in this beaurocratic age to issue a licence a month earlier given that the DD has ben set up for the past 7 years and pretty much guarantees the payment?

Nope - my stubborn side says why should I go to all the trouble ; I'm the customer and they provide the service I pay for. Sorry but I will be cruising with a very blunt note in the window, (as per the previous years,) for the first month or so of my new licence.

....and the fridge is struggling but still working! Mind you, we're all struggling at the moment. Fortunately Simba has been well catered for in the marina but the back cabin read 43 degrees when I returned home today. I am sitting here with the A/C on full and directed at me and it is still having trouble getting the boat below 27 degrees at the moment. I took the A/C unit into school today so my class now really like me! (I have to do somehting to gain popularity in the world!) I have told them that I will only bring it in each day after I review their behaviour from the previous day - devious and blackmail it may be, but it's effective!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home