Monday, June 29, 2009

Fridge - part 2!

What great people in this marina! I got home from work tonight to discover that Norman next door had Simba running up and down his pontoon with his dog to keep him cool in the shade of his boat and used my dog gate to keep the 2 of them under control and John and Eric had not only collected my new fridge but installed it for me as well - all I had to do was change the food over and lift the old one outside the boat!

I am now the proud owner of an LEC fridge as seen above and on this page!

It is now cooling down, (or trying to in this stifling heat and humidity). My only worry now, (as pointed out by John,) is that I am running both my fridge and my small freezer from the same cable. I am a little concerned that this may have been the cause of some of my previous failures and the fact that the compressors failed to switch off. I am sure many people more wise than I will confirm, (or hopefully otherwise,) that this could be a problem. The fridge seems to be cooling down at the moment and the freezer spends most of its life shut with only occasional door opening and so the compressor rarely runs on the freezer; this makes me suspicious that it could cause a problem but the large note on the instructions saying "over 90% of service call outs are due to incorrect cabling sizes" makes me worry that I might be trying to get too much magic fairy dust through one small wire!

Anyone know anything about this and can advise?

I slept last night with the air conditioning running. Having shut all the doors and windows and shoved the exhaust pipe through into the engine room, the back cabin quickly cooled from a sultry 26 degrees to a more respectable 18 degrees and I slept wonderfully, only stirring to pull the covers over me at around 2.00am when I got chilly! This evening it is still struggling to get my saloon down much below 22 degrees even though it's running flat out!

A text from my father in London ths morning simply read "41.2 in the sun here! Dad" You should try 36 energy obsessed 11 year olds in one small classroom after an hour of playing football at lunchtime - I would guess that I quite regularly reach that! (Why is it that they still have to be forced to take jumpers off?!)

According to my accordion teacher this evening, I am 'back on track' after almost a month of no lessons due to meetings, courses and French trips. Ah, French - on Thursday we have our French reunion evening involving cheese and wine for the parents; funny how that't the best attended event in the school calendar!

The weekend needs to see me pollishing the boat, topping up and checking the batteries and tidying the engine room, cratch and just about every cupboard on board in readiness for the trip north in a little over 2 weeks, (that sounds better than just under 3 weeks!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home