Sunday, June 07, 2009

Leaks and kayaks.

Firstly, the leak! Solved I hope. This afternoon I turned the boat round and ran a bead of sealant round all the windows on that side. I now need it to rain to check if I have done the job properly - I'm sure my wish will be granted before long. It's interesting to note that it seemed all the windows on that side were breaking their seals. This is the same side where the colour on the boat is more faded. The reason - simple, it's the prevailing wind direction as well as gets the highest point of sun full on it.

The sun eventually came out and so I went for a nice long kayak trip. Overtaking all the narrowboats that were out there queued along the North Oxford heading north or south - I lost count of the number of times someone shouted, "you want to get a proper boat" or "why don't you get an engine mate?"

It's funny to think that this time next week I'll be in France - only just but I'll be there! Eric in the marina has very kindly offered to take me to Sainsbury's at 1.45am next Sunday morning to meet the coaches. I insisted that he shouldn't but he was adamant and I must say, I'm extremely grateful for his kind offer as it saves me leaving the car around up there.

The week ahead looks to be a tough one! A dull course tomorrow all day and then the battle of keeping the children firmly on the ground and not too excited about the forthcoming trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home