Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Summer heat!

Well the long term forecast is for a very hot summer; but then again, it was last year I seem to remember as well!

It certainly has been EXTREMELY hot lately with outside temperatures reading a maximum of 38 degrees in the sun on the roof of Khayamanzi and inside temperatures reaching 30+ The boat windows, hatches and cratches have been left open day and night with kind neighbours taking Simba out for exercise and fresh air regularly.

I'm afraid I hate the heat - I've never liked it. I'm more of a cold person and much prefer cool and cold. I did a lot of 'umming' and 'arring' last year when small portable air conditioning units started appearing in Homebase and the like. I have finally succumbed to this little beauty.


Actually it looks bigger in the picture than it is! It can cope with cooling up to 20m square area has 2 fan speeds and a temperature range of cooling that gets down to 18 degrees. It is also 'A' rated for power and consumes less than 700W in operation - pretty good! Oh, and it has a timer if you want it to shut down after a certain number of hours and a natty little remote control!
No more sleapless nights for me thank you!

With only one more full week after this before I take charge as party leader of 76 lively and excited 11 year olds on a weeks trip to France, the planning, meetings, paperwork and endless neceesary form filling is well under way. Th eheart stopped momentarilly when the office told me there was a call from the passport office with a query regarding my application as party leader for the group/collective passport. Another problematic jobsworth I thought, who can't cope with me registering my legal address some 200 miles from where I work but no, simply a child who had forgotten to sign their application form and another who has a different common name to their legal name. A sigh of relief all round!!

2 Comments:

At 10:57 pm, Anonymous Debbie said...

I am so pleased to come across another Boater who doesn't do " Heat ". I love the sunshine but with a cool breeze. Lucky for us it has gone a bit cooler tonight. Panic over, we won't melt! Debbie Nb Tickety Boo.

 
At 7:27 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Debbie - that's exactly me! Love the sunshine but preferably from a distance in a cool place and with a tall drink and a nice breeze!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home