Saturday, July 04, 2009

Penultimate weekend

Next weekend will be my last weekend at home before leaving the following week! That made this week my penultimate weekend at home before my summer trip! Busy, busy, busy as I attempt to get Khayamanzi ready to go. You would think living aboard it would be a simple case of untying and starting the engine but I like the boat to be in good order before I leave for distant places.

This morning I took a trailer load of 'stuff' to the tip; things like my old fridge, my old door to the railway shed as well as a load of marina rubbish. I also accompanied John into town to get a summers worth of hayfever drugs, some more crickets for the lizard and spare light bulbs for the boat - oh the glamorous life I lead!!

My return and the rest of the day was spent mending a set of drawers that have fallen apart, mending my back step in the engine room, topping up the batteries, stocking up on cans of petrol for the generator, cleaning out the lizard tank and touching up some rust spots with rust killer.

I managed to feel good about myself this evening as I ticked off 5 jobs on my 12 strong list of jobs to do prior to the summer - and then promptly aded another 4!!

More to do tomorrow....

Next weekend is set to be even busier as I have Simba booked in for his summer grooming and nail clip at 9.00 on Saturday and then the car booked in at 9.30 for them to look at a very irritating and loud exhaust rattle that has developed. The week ahead sees me with very late evenings on several nights. I have induction day on Tuesday where my current class al go off to their secondary schools and I get to meet my next years class for the first time. In the evening is our open evenings so that prospective parents to the school can come and 'grill us' and parents of children in my next class can come and 'test me' to see just what I'm like!


On Wednesday evening I'm meeting with a guy, (another Andy!) who worked for his father building the marina here at Brinklow and is involved in the restoration of a steam loco, (a real life large one!) He wants to come and pick my brains and for me to help him set up a simple website for the project. Obviously this is a fascinating project and I am only to pleased to be able to help - I might even ask him to keep me in mind for a ride when the project is completed!

Thursday, and I have the year 6 leavers disco to run and on Friday we have our staff summer 'do' where we say goodbye to any staff leaving as well as herald the advance of the summer break!

I will leave tonight with a picture that my father took whilst I was in France. It's the back end of a grumpy Simba who now has a new green trellis to enable him to enjoy the fresh air on the pontoon without him escaping and causing general mayhem around the marina!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home