Sunday, July 12, 2009

Made me chuckle!

Having blogged recently and posted a third caption photograph on my main http://www.khayamanzi.com/ site, I was recently sitting reading the Environment Agency's 'River Views' magazine when I spotted this picture and caption competition.

I'm not normally gifted with flashes of inspiration but suddenly the following caption popped into my head:

Thus spake the Lord unto Noah, “I said a big ark not a kayark, and I specifically requested two of every species!”
I immediately emailed it off and got a reply saying "thanks - it's a good one!" but will wait and see if I win. I doubt it - I don't normally win anything but hey - it made me chuckle anyway!
A howling gale today seems to be the order of the day, coupled with intermittent showers. The forecast of a heatwave summer seems yet again to have condensed itself into a few days of fairly warm at a time that benefits no one! I remember earlier in the year, the met office appearing on TV saying that people should start painting their houses white to reflect the extreme heat of this summer in readiness for the 'heatwave' - it's a good job the programme host laughed at them and we didn't all start taking it seriously. I guess as my holidays approach, it was innevitable. Look back at my summer holiday posts from 2008, 2007 and 2006 - they all say the same. My knee jerk reaction to move out to France seems even more serious!
I have bitten the bullet and joined the IWA. With the plethora of waterway support groups there now is out there I wanted to ensure that I joined one that really did support primarilly the interests of boaters, was powerful enough to actually do something and not so PC or narrow minded that they missed the big issues entirely. There are still areas if the IWA I don't fully agree with or support but they seem to tick most boxes. So, finally, after around 2 years of research - they now get my support. Let's see if the delivery instructions can be followed now - deliver to my school address if before 17th July or my billing address if after that date; sounds simple. I wait and see.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home