Monday, July 20, 2009

Better late than never!

OK so it suddenly dawned on me! If my new HTC Touch 3G won't connect to the laptop - why not try my old HTC TyTn 11 handset and see if that works. If it does, then it MUST be the handset, if it doesn't then it's the laptop. Well it did! I know, I was a bit slow on this one but having swapped SIM cards over and reverted back to my old brick of a handset; not only are calls more stable but it connects and internet is fine! In fact I only got 2 bars of GPRS on my new handset whereas this one gives one bar of HSDPA!
So long as it continues - I'm back in business! Many thanks to all those people who suggested ideas or even thought about trying to get 'dongles' to me!
Well, just to satisfy my annoyance at the selfish people who pulled out in front of me: here they are!
'Puddleduck' the little blue Sea Otter was called and that was the one that actually pulled out parallel to me and then throttled up to get in front!
Now, here's Simba peering in at me through the side hatch!
Finally - my view out the back hatch last night after the storm cleared and the sun came out again.

According to the weather forecast this evening; today was the best day of the week! It all seems to go very pear shape from here on. Tomorrow; heavy rain and wind! Well, I did give you all enough warning that I was going away and you really should have taken heed and headed off to a safe mooring until I returned home - now, what website did I see that nice little French villa in?

2 Comments:

At 9:35 pm, Blogger Andy said...

Glad to hear that you have managed to find a solution to the connection problems.
Like the picture of Simba.

 
At 5:18 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks Andy - there's always a way somewhere; the trick is finding it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home