Sunday, July 19, 2009

Atherstone!


Another mobile post as nothing I do will connect my little device to the laptop! The worst ever passage through Atherstone. Set off after a full fried breakfast at around 10.30 arrived at the locks behind a queue of 4 boats. It was a slow passage made worse by 2 little Sea Otters that pulled out in front of me from the pub half way down - in fact one pulled out beside me & then throttled hard to overtake. They then bow hauled them through and left paddles open as they went! 4 hours later & I got through. I was still celebrating clear cruising when the heavens opened! I'd had enough & pulled in just after bridge 50 on the Coventry Canal. I do have a TV signal tonight, (just) so not all bad. It is still raining hard but tomorrow I will need to push on regardless - I need to be at Harecastle by Friday to meet my crew! I think I have worked out how to publish pictures from my phone! you can see an exhausted and soggy Simba. Hopefully tomorrow it won't be raining & I'll attempt a post with a canal related picture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home