Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gone to ground...

Sorry for the quietness of this blog lately. Getting home at 7.00pm doesn't give much time for 'me' especially when I then have a pile of work to do then; yesterday marking 2 sets of books, tonight - planning next week and organising the mountain of paperwork required for an up coming school trip I'm attempting to organise.
Ah well, plans for the open day and BBQ on Saturday are progressing well with every available space on board being taken up with lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers, crisps and bread rolls! The weather forecast looks hopefull and so I am quetly optimistic for a good day and excellent evening. The theme of water being the wrong side of the bottom seems to be following the Edwards family lately: first my leak and now Steves washing machine crisis!!
Derek and Sheila seem to be ready for some drastic action! NB Clarence, (or is it those building her?) seems to be beset with setbacks. The inside looks as if it is slowly but surely moving forward with tiles appearing.....
.....woodwork taking shape
(no - wait, I showed that picture last time; no hang on, that clip on light wasn't there last time.)
Still the fire surround is ready for the.... erm, fire I guess!
The new deadline for hand over and receipt is now set at 12th November - only 6 months behind! Frustrating can't be the word to explain how the intended owners must feel as summer, (apparently,) slips past.
Anyway - time for bed. Next report, some time at the end of the weekend when I have recovered enough from the BBQ to post - I'll be tired you see!!

2 Comments:

At 7:39 am, Blogger Nb Yarwood said...

I hope the weather holds for he BBQ Andy and that you relax enough to enjoy it!

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks - looks OK ish so far on the BBC weather site!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home