Friday, August 08, 2008

Back home!

To be honest - I'm not really sad this year! It's been a heck of a trip with new experiences but many more dramas and very hard work. I'm really rather glad to be back in the security and comfort of the marina. Set off this morning in the predictable drizzle which did eventually clear up to leave sunny spells. Arrived at Hillmorton locks just as the hire bases were all arriving. I am stunned at how little knowledge any of the Viking boats had! Clifton cruisers seemed to know the most but the Viking hirers all arrived not knowing the first thing - they didn't even know to close the lock gates first once the boat had entered!!

Shortly after leaving the locks, this little chap landed on my red ensign looking for nectar!

You can just see his wings on the edge!
A quick text to Andrew Denny as I passed Granny Buttons at Newbold to let him know she was safe and snug and then finally arriving at Brinklow at 7.54pm. A pump-out and diesel and then onto my berth to phone for a Chinese meal!

I installed the CD for my Tiscali broadband but it consistently refused to accept my WPA key. A phone call was made to tech support during which time my internet installed itself and suddenly started working! It now seems to be working fine and unless it's my imagination - it seems to be faster than on my old laptop!

Tomorrow, hoovering, washing, cleaning, take on water, shopping and then relaxing ready to go to school Monday onwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home