Monday, August 04, 2008

Last day on the Thames!

Left Beale Park this morning and set off to Goring where my father left for home. A very pleasant cruise from there with rain, sun, wind and just about anything else mother nature could throw at me! Fortunately more sun than anything else so the journey was good and I made good progress past many interesting landmarks.
Just approaching Abingdon lock and I spotted Maffi's boat.
A quick hello before passing through and spying the unmistakable front doors of Bones.
Sure enough, moored up waiting for the lock and Maffi and Bones appeared to 'help', (or rather watch and laugh at another single hander struggling!) as I locked through!
Finally moored at the Waterman's Arms again in almost the same spot as on the way down. Tomorrow - off the Thames and back to more comfortable surroundings of cruising shallow and narrow ditches!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home