Wednesday, July 23, 2008

UNDEFEATED!

I am typing this with one hand! The other is holding my phone in a dead still position to keep the wire and connection. Hopefully I will back up and running soon. My father is bringing up a bluetooth dongle so I can hopefully connect without the need for the cable and I am working on a plan to get the handset replaced under my insurance and delivered to someones house near Goring.

I am now on the Thames. Moored outside the Watermans Arms with my new licence proudly on display and my first solo lock tomorrow. An eventful few days! A helpful farmer snapped my boathook trying to get it out from a lift bridge where it was perfectly happily propping the bridge up for me!

Today, I met Maffi and Bones. A very pleasant evening spent chewing the fat with them both and I even donated a few mealworms for Bones' pet situation, (see her last months Canals and Riverboat magazine column for this one!)
Hopefully - connection and hardware willing - more tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At 8:15 pm, Blogger MortimerBones said...

My column is in CanalBoat Magazine!!!!!

Lovely to meet you finally, and Simba.. he has a lovely soft coat.

Breakfast, lunch and tea are doing very well. I think I might abbreviate Breakfast to Geraldine....

 
At 9:17 am, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

OOPS! sorry - I get confused easily you know, I think I'm having a 'mid life moment'!

It ws great to meet you too and I feel sure breakfast, dinner and lunch have gone to a good home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home