Thursday, August 07, 2008

Last full day of the holiday!

If all goes to plan, I'll be back in the marina tomorrow evening some time. Then I can get the boat sorted over the weekend before spending the rest of the hols. in school - except, that is, from the bank holiday week when I hope to visit back down south to catch up with friends and family.

Set off this morning in the drizzle from Banbury and headed through the locks until Cropredy! That was fun. Met loads of boaters there who were there for the festival and got very tempted to stop. Weaving between all the boats and grabbing pictures as I went was tricky! It was most impressive though and many boaters had really gone to town. Here's a selection of pictures from the trip through.



Eventually I made it to my favourate tree! I love willows. Don't know why, I just love them.

A couple of treats today as I passed NB Two Jays. I think they recognised me but I have to admit to being totally switched off until past them - sorry guys!

Then past NB Lucky Duck - and I was still just as switched off - again, sorry! It sounds aweful but I've had so many people calling out chery 'hellos' in a knowing sort of way or introducing themselves that I get a bit confused - I'm having a mid life senior moment!

Anyway, finally moored a couple of miles from the Napton Flight, (bridge 125 to be precise!) with a good satellite signal and 3 bars of an Edge signal for internet.

Talking of internet - can anyone help?

Some readers from Iceland have contacted me to ask if I know of any pay as you go scheme for data? They are hiring an NB at the end of August and want to keep an online blog. They have a USB dongle for Iceland - anyone help with how they might be able to do this for the week or even pay for one month?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home