Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wot - no flowers?!

Nope - not next year!

My attention is now turning to future trips and although I have a few shorter trips nearer, (where shall I go in the October half term?) I am beginning to think about next summer.

Tentative plans involve heading north and taking in the Leeds & Liverpool and Rochdale canals. I would like to do a large circular route involving Standedge tunnel, (see why no flowers next year!) Bingley 5 rise and Burnley embankment - another 3 of the Wonders of the Waterways.

I will probably head north and through Harecastle solo before meeting my father somewhere up there for the northern most bits; I would quite like someone with me for some parts given reputations!!

This is, of course, all pending on breaches, weather, logistics and me not changing my mind in between!

Only another 3 days before term starts proper. Pretty much all of today was spent in school and I have a meeting back in tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,

The majority of the Leeds-Liv is beautiful, clean & a pleasure to go along, it only gets a bit hairy (erm yucky / scary) on the outskirts of Liverpool itself, where it starts to become a built up area. Everywhere else is fine, if you need any more info about such places to avoid - let me know.

Heather

 
At 8:17 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks Heather,
sounds like you know it quite well so I will probably take you up on this nearer the time. It would be helpful to know the 'early morning' bits where I need to get up and get through before other members of the valued community wake up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home