Saturday, August 16, 2008

Not there but here!

So, I'm not at home. Well, not my home anyway - not the floating one! I decided on a whim to go down south and spend some time catching up with friends and family. I came down here on Thursday and plan to spend as long as I wish here up to the end of next week. Today I went for a lovely walk over the South Downs with dad. We enjoyed the rolling countryside, warm sun and summer sights...

NB Clarence is coming on well and friends Derek and Sheila hope to move aboard around 15th September. Internal fitting out is doing well,

....and the most important bits, (the wine rack,) is clearly ready for action!

Now an Orange tale!
As reported during my summer cruise, my Orange connected HTC Tytan 11 handset has been developing connection problems. It's all to do with the mini USB at the bottom which has been slowly losing data connection and, on occasions, charge conection. I decided whilst at a stable postcode address to order a replacement under my insurance. A replacement handset duely arrived and after much 'faffing' I managed to restore all my data and configure the new unit. I then discovered that the replacement unit had obviously been owned by a company who had re-flashed the ROM to lock out all data and SMS functionality and every time any of these were accessed it simply displays a message telling me that company policy has forbidden the use of this service. I was not happy and phoned Orange to tell them so. I was informed that they would have to escalate the problem to their tech. support team who would contact me in around 4 days to attempt a resolution.
This morning at 9.00, as the Orange store in Kingston was opening - I was waiting outside! In hindsight, I pitty the poor whipper snapper who had just turned up, blearly eyed and no doubt hung over, to find me refusing to leave the shop until something had been sorted and informing all the other customers in a loud voice exactly what was wrong with their customer service.

Well, I now have another handset being delivered tomorrow morning between 9.00 and 1.00 and have been placed on their 'Premier Customer' database for a higher level of preferential treatment in future! Oh! and I will wait to see if my personal email to their brand new CEO; Tom Alexander, is replied to!!

Monday evening, I have tickets for a West End show with Fleur - a long standing friend of mine, (my only actually!) I'm not going to say what for as the show is a surprise and she may read this; I'll let you know when I return and what it was like!

2 Comments:

At 11:30 pm, Blogger Derek Mills said...

You communications, me boatbuilders, you would think we would have learrnt by now!
Derek

 
At 10:44 am, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Who knows - perhaps we will, (one day!)

I think, as I get older, instead of getting wiser, I simply get more frustrated and grumpy with poor service.

A very successful international business-man friend of ours still can't get over the number of British businesses that close for lunch!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home