Saturday, July 21, 2007

Summer trip - day one!






Braunston Junction - then and now!


In 1979 the Edwards family took a family holiday on an Anglo Welsh hire boat. En route we stopped at Braunston junction and my father took the first of these two pictures. I am the shorter and younger of the 2 boys with the pole and my brother was the other person. With grateful thanks to a passing gentleman today we made history by re-enacting that picture!


Took off this morning in a horrible cold drizzle and made good progress. Currently moored up at the bottom of the Napton flight having completed 21 miles and 3 locks. The Napton flight is closed as boats are pushing water over the hill and flooding Banbury! There are about 14 boats moored up ahead of us, many of whom have been waiting for 24 hrs plus. Apparenty there is a possible maybe that the flight will re-open tomorrow but for the time being we're 'hunkered' down preparing to loose a day tomorrow if necessary. Passing through Braunston today and we passed Chas and Ann on NB Moore 2 Life. My only disappointment was that I was so concentrating on finding a mooring for the above re-enactment that I totally missed them!
The picture shows the 'locks closed' board up at Napton bottom lock.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic picture!!
Typical,the British weather ruining your hols!!!

Mansfield is drizzly and grey, currently at my brother's house with my folks.
I have a stalker, Max, my brothers new dog. He's soooo lovely, I'm going to sneak him in the boot of Steve's car!!!

Catch you later!
Claire

It's going to be a late one!

 
At 7:37 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Glad you like it! Keep checking back to see the daily news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home